You believe that all people matter. So do we. That’s why we adhere to Fair Trade standards. Our artisans earn a fair, living wage while working in safe conditions. When you wear INDIGENOUS, you wear clothing that gives back to the people and communities who make it. And that makes all the difference.
A Few of our Fair Trade Commitments:
- We work hard to provide year-round work, ensuring a dependable source of income for our artisans.
- We provide fair wages in the local context, exceeding local and national averages.
- Our supply chain model allows for flexible work hours and schedules.
- Most artisans have the opportunity to work out of their own homes, allowing them to spend more time with their families, and less time traveling.
- With our partners in Peru, we work to provide quality, low-cost childcare. We also invest in local elementary and preschools.
- We support safe, healthy, and participatory workplaces.
- To help women escape domestic abuse and achieve economic independence, we invest in programs that provide free skills training and materials.
- We support projects that bring clean drinking water to artisans and their communities in the arid Highlands of Peru.
- We provide artisans with zero interest loans for equipment, education and personal emergencies.
Our Fair Trade model is based on the standards of the World Fair Trade Organization...
Respecting Cultural Identity
Fair Trade celebrates the cultural diversity of communities, while seeking to create positive and equitable change. We respect the development of products, practices, and organizational models based on indigenous traditions and techniques to sustain cultures and revitalize traditions. We balance market needs with the cultural heritage of our artisans.
Cultivating Environmental Stewardship
Fair Trade offers us the ability to meet our own needs without compromising the needs of future generations. We consider the implications of our actions on the environment and promote the responsible stewardship of resources. We adhere to environmentally sustainable practices throughout our entire supply chain, and in all we do.